[thelist] Perfectionist...

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon May 7 02:13:26 CDT 2001

>My problem is, I've been through 8 revisions of my site (literally. I
>have all 8 layouts) in the past two months, and I keep scrapping them
>after about a week even though I get nothing but good comments about
>them. I just keep thinking I can do better...

When that's happened to me I eventually realized that the design is
too complex, but I'm attached to the work I put into coming up with
it ... it's like a snowball effect ... I don't like it, maybe if I
did THIS too, oh now it needs THIS, and wouldn't THIS be cool ...
maybe start over with a single block of color in your
drawing/painting app and add just a few of your favorite elements
from all the work you've done already.

Favorite design tenet: Simplicity is sophistication.
Second best: 3's and thirds.
--
- Erik Mattheis

"Everything's better"