[thelist] Re: SQL Problem

Marios Andreas Tofarides matofarides at hotmail.com
Mon May 7 05:13:02 CDT 2001

I tried what Rudy told me to, but it seems I still get errors.

Here is the source code:
sql_query = "SELECT *  from  tblrawdata  where (p1  p2  p3) and p4 and p5
order by instrument,timestamp"

sql_view = "create view Dayview (theday,value,instrument) as select
convert(char(10),timestamp,102),value,instrument from tblrawdata where (p1
p2  p3) and p4 and p5"
 > p1,p2,p3,p4,p5 are parameters. Ignore them
Main part of the source code:

<%
Set MyConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
MyConn.Open "FILEDSN=c:\inetpub\dbs\deyai.dsn;uid=sa;pwd=deyai"
MyConn.Execute (drop)
Set RS = MyConn.Execute(SQL_query)
Set VRS = MyConn.Execute(SQL_view)
Set MyConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
MyConn.Open "FILEDSN=c:\inetpub\dbs\deyai.dsn;uid=sa;pwd=deyai"
sql37="select avg(value) as a37 from Dayview where instrument=37 group by
theday"
Set RS37 = MyConn.Execute(sql37)
avg_37=rs37("a37")
sql38="select sum(value) as s38 from Dayview where instrument=38 group by
theday"
Set Rs38 = MyConn.Execute(sql38)
sum_38=rs38("s38")
sql43="select sum(value) as s43 from Dayview where instrument=43 group by
theday"
Set Rs43 = MyConn.Execute(sql43)
sum_43=rs43("s43")
Set RS = MyConn.Execute(SQL_query)
Set VRS = MyConn.Execute(SQL_view)
%>

I get the following error:
ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'

Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted; the
operation requested by the application requires a current record.

at line "Set Rs38=..."

Does anyone have a clue of what this error is, and what I have done wrong?

Thanks,
    Marios