[thelist] SQL Problem

Marios Andreas Tofarides matofarides at hotmail.com
Mon May 7 07:43:43 CDT 2001

>From: "rudy" <r937 at interlog.com>
>    select convert(char(10),timestamp,102), value

Rudy,
   Which language supports the convert function? I checked in the web
documentation on MSDN and MSDN Library, and I didn't find it Neither in the
VBScript Documentation, nor the SQL Server. Where can I get documentation
for this function. I am asking this because i'm getting the following error:

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Syntax error converting
DATETIME from character string.

Thank you for all your assistance,
Marios