[thelist] 11th hour plea: ASP/Access snapshot hell

incommunicado at pobox.com incommunicado at pobox.com
Mon May 7 19:18:58 CDT 2001

I had hoped my first post to the list wouldn't be a desperate plea for help.  Oh well.

Short winded plea:
I have a similar question as:
http://p2p.wrox.com/archive/proasp_howto/2001-02/16.asp
Help?!  If I can't answer this by tomorrow evening, I'm toast on Wens. morning.
(Ok, I'll be toast anyway, but I don't want my roasting to be warranted.)

Long winded plea:
Background:
I'm stuck developing a web based performance evaluation form using ASP(vbscript) with an Access backend.  Once the supervisor and employee enter their comments in, I need to have an Access snapshot dynamically generated and displayed within an ActiveX control.  I proven all the pieces work together finally!  Now all I have to do is add in some more data fields and polish the navigation bits.

Problem:
The report I'm generating now prints all employee evaluations in concatenated order.  Instead of each employee seeing only their evaluation, they see *every* employee's evaluation.  This is bad.  When using Access alone, I can use a pop-up window to enter the employee name for a filter.  How the frell do I filter a report dynamically when creating an Access snapshot through ASP?

(If I knew how to generate this report without a filter, I'd have done it weeks ago.)

I owe tips big time for this.  All I can think of now is how to lose your new boyfriend over city parking ettiquette and how to build an evil IT empire inside a government organization.