[thelist] Dropping a view in SQL Server

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue May 8 09:06:22 CDT 2001

>>     drop view foobar
>>
>>if it existed, it doesn't now
>>
>>if it didn't, it still doesn't   ;o)
>>
> Thanks. That was my first thought, but if it doesn't, I get an error
> telling me that this object doesnt exist in the database.

yes!!

that is exactly what you said you wanted   =o)

by the way, did you ever run that first query i sent?

  select theday=convert(char(10),timestamp,102),avg(value)
    from yourtable
   group by theday

if this runs (using the column alias in the group by), you don't need the
view

if it doesn't, try

  select theday=convert(char(10),timestamp,102),avg(value)
    from yourtable
   group by convert(char(10),timestamp,102)

if that doesn't work either, then try the view

rudy