[thelist] Currently Freelancer - Becoming Employee?

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Tue May 8 09:43:17 CDT 2001

hi Gina,
I have to agree with Aardvark for the most part; a telecommute position
is definately the exception rather than the rule.
Where that exception might apply is in cases like you've worked for a
few months in the office, everyone has got to know you and your work.
Or your skills are just in such demand that they accept your terms -
again this might happen if you've got yourself ensconced in the company
and their big accounts first

But I'm totally sympathetic. My girlfriend is (or shortly will be) in a
similar position - needing to be around the house to keep an eye on the
baby, but also wanting to start putting in some money-work hours. She's
good, but suitable opportunities are thin on the ground.

best of luck,
Sam