[thelist] CSS and special characters

Peter Kaulback pkaulbak at idirect.ca
Tue May 8 12:39:39 CDT 2001

In the wee hour of 10:13 AM 5/5/01 -0400, Rebekah Murphy bequeathed such
tales as these:
> > Did that, both in HomeSite and Dreamweaver.  The funny
> > thing is that it
> > works in the code until I link the style sheet to
> > the document.  I also
> > tried &edie; for the dieresis but it won't come up
> > correctly either.
> > Peter Kaulback
>
>Does the font you are using in your style sheet suport
>those characters?
>
>-Bekah

Thanks Bekah, it turns out that the Geneva font doesn't support the umlaut
or dieresis characters.  Now to find an attractive common Mac font that does.
Peter

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Thomas Edison (1847-1931)