[thelist] re Flash Detection

Jamie Bakum jabakum at hotmail.com
Tue May 8 13:46:59 CDT 2001

Martin wrote:

"Now a site has do way more than coolness to be successful. Actually,
'coolness' is more often a turnoff as it's been tainted by dotcommery."

I'd be the last to argue - but standing out from your competitors through
strong design (whether or not you use Flash, and regardless of your opinion
on lundstromarch specifically) in such a way that leads to revenue for your
company is hardly "coolness" - I'd call it good business -

My only point was that Flash, used correctly, has a place on the web. I've
seen nothing on this list to convince me otherwise -