[thelist] ColdFusion/SQL - treat as Number

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Tue May 8 22:45:27 CDT 2001

> Cold Fusion automatically escapes variables within cfquery

While this is technically true, I've found it to be inconsistent in it's application.  If you use a function for the value that contains the s-quote, for example, or like Joshua mentioned, if the value comes from a struction, the autoescape function breaks.  What else makes it break?  I dunno.. I usually run a regular expression on textarea fields for validation anyway..

There are exceptions to every rule of course, but when in doubt, I say play it safe.

What's that cfquery look like, Jon?

Regards,

Seth

Seth Bienek