[thelist] ColdFusion/SQL - treat as Number

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Wed May 9 07:54:39 CDT 2001

> so, you don't need to worry about that.  Rumor has it, though, that if you
> access variables through the struction, a la form['name'] or form["name"],
> the quotes will not be escaped, so I recon that may be what's
> happening.  If
> you are inserting a literal into the db, then you could do a replace, like
> Seth said.

Not a rumour - defintely true, and it bit me on the butt a few weeks back.
Couldn't figure it out for the life of me. Note, however, that 'dot'
notation works ok, ie, Form.Foo. The easy solution is to just copy the val
to a temp variable.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email   : jedimaster at macromedia.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482