[thelist] Unlimited Domains & Sub-Domains Hosting.

viveka me at karmanaut.com
Wed May 9 08:34:49 CDT 2001

I know of three hosts that provide unlimited domains
for no extra fee, or a nominal fee, with virtual hosting
accounts at around $25/month.

http://www.csoft.net
http://www.vhosting.com
http://www.pair.com

All of the above are running GNU/Linux or BSD,
and provide mySQL, Perl, Python, CGI access, etc.
I didn't research NT hosts; there are probably
some out there if you look around.

csoft are good, if you like to do everything
on the command line. They don't provide a
web control panel, but they have a very
good shell app. you can access by telnet.
You can run as many domains and subdomains
as you like, but they don't allow reselling on
$25/month plan; that's $77.

vhosting seem like nice people, their ping
times are good, and they have a basic web
control panel, but it's missing some crucial
features (like logging), and after a while
they stopped responding to email entirely.

So I switched to pair. Slightly more expensive,
and slightly slower ping times, but their
control panel is comprehensive, they have
the features I need; I'm happy so far.

V.