[thelist] SQL & ASP my favorite combination :-)

Don Makoviney DonM at allensysgroup.com
Wed May 9 10:50:55 CDT 2001

A little more info taken from:

http://www.learnasp.com/learn/faqdbupdate.asp

This is a very common error message when updating Access databases. Since
Access is file based any attempt to update the database by an ASP script can
only modify the Access databases if permissions are established correctly.

Go to the parent directory where the database is stored. Click on the folder
permissions and set IUSER_xxxxx to 'change' where xxxxx is the machine name.
Make sure the file is also set so the ISUSER_xxxx can change the file.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q175/1/68.ASP
shows some other causes besides permissions.

HTH,

DM