[thelist] Flash stats.

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Thu May 10 17:41:40 CDT 2001

At 05:13 PM 5/10/2001, you wrote:
>Well, since Netscape is MUCH more prevalent among Mac users, this would make
>sense since Macs are overrepresented in the Netscape plug-ins category.
>What we really need is cross-tab support to know for sure (should have used
>SurveyMonkey!)

Huh?  Most Mac users I know (except the diehard anti-Microsoft ones) use
IE5 because it's one of the best browsers out there.  NN4 is about as
crash-prone on the Mac as on the PC, except it generally takes out the
whole machine.

>As far 4.2% being low, doesn't that pretty much jive with the market
>penetration rate?

Only if you base market penetration on new computer sales (like the
industry does - which is wrong).  If you count installed base, Macintosh
penetration is much higher (because people generally use Macs longer than
they use PCs, although this is changing).  I have no numbers but it's
closer to 10% than 5%.

--Ben

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer