[thelist] CSS - background image keeps repeating

sagar shukla sagar_a_s at hotmail.com
Fri May 11 02:54:16 CDT 2001

Hi,
Here is the  solution which you requested. Your error was that you were
simultaneously specifying the background color and the image so there was
conflict in the selection for the background. So the solution for this is
given below. Its working atleast on my system :

<HTML>
  <TITLE>Sagar's home page</TITLE>
  <STYLE TYPE="text/css">
    BODY {
      background: url(c:\sasfaq\ashweek.jpg) #a5a7c9;
      background-repeat:no-repeat;
	background-position: 50px 50px;
      color: black;
    }
  </STYLE>
  <BODY>
    <H1 style="color:red">Sagar's  Home Page</H1>
    <P style="color:blue">Test page testing the background image
repetation.</p>
  </BODY>
</HTML>

Bye,