background-imaging (was Re: [thelist] CSS - background image keeps repeating

Tamara Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Fri May 11 18:09:37 CDT 2001

This link is sorta embarrassing, but they wanted their e-mail. All they
sent was a letterhead (well, they sent money too so I'm not /really/
complaining). So, instead of the generic *Under Construction* or *Coming
Soon* -- I put this up:

http://darienyouthclub.org/

Heard it before -- background image worked bee-yoo-tee-ful in IE. Not even
close in NN.

So, after going and playing with CSS and backgrounds again at:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp?filename=trycss_background

I ended up making one monster image with lots and lots of white space to
simulate *centering* -- this is probably the most incomplete site submitted
in the history of submitting, but just out of wild curiosity, is it a
viable way to overcome the centering problem in NN?? Or, am I delving into
the world of bad coding habits?

And, since you guys tend to make me think real hard -- why does that navy
table get all squished in Opera??

<tamara />