background-imaging (was Re: [thelist] CSS - background image keeps repeating

Tamara Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Fri May 11 20:09:22 CDT 2001

At 08:41 PM 5/11/2001 -0400, Rudy wrote:
> > http://darienyouthclub.org/
> > background image worked bee-yoo-tee-ful in IE.
> > Not even close in NN.
>
>hi tamara
>
>looks ok in netscape 4.77 and 6 -- what did you fix?

I planted the gif on a big white page and centered it instead of trying to
center align the neatly trimmed gif. It almost felt like cheating and I'm
pretty sure it's going to be cockeyed on higher resolutions.

>[...]mozilla 0.9, for instance, is great because it will show you the booboos
>that your page is *going to have* in the future, if you know what i mean

Oops, guess it's time to go visit the browser archives??

>you might try giving the LilLogo images plenty of hspace instead   =o)

Hmm. I'll have to try that.

Thanks!
<tamara />