[thelist] PHP: Variables in forms

Tarrant Costelloe tcostelloe at insur-e.net
Mon May 14 04:28:03 CDT 2001

I have a login script for public accounts written in PHP4. Once submitted,
the name, username & password are all passed to the secure section as
variables.
I know this works due to a "Logged in successfully" comment and a personal
welcome using the $name variable.

The problem is simply this, within the secure section assuming they logged
in successfully. There is an option for them to edit their account
information. To do this I have set-up a similar form to what they used to
access the member section and want the original variables to be already
within the input boxes, e.g.

<input type="text" name="textfield" value="$name">

Could someone solve this problem for me, far too early for me :)

Taz