[thelist] Removing tags in an input field: What else to remove?

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Mon May 14 11:37:41 CDT 2001

Hi Joshua,

> If the < and > are replaced with character entities
> &lt; and &gt;

I don't see a problem with this, other than it has the potential to allow some messy looking input.

But I'd rather give the user a notice to fix the code or OK the messiness than I would possibly allow arbitrary code to be run on one of my machines.  I guess I'm the "deny all" type personality. :)

Wow, my grammar sucks today.  Must.. get.. some..  sleee--  ZZzzzzz...

Regards,

Seth

Seth Bienek
Solutions Development Manager