[thelist] Evolt Web Design Directory

Simon Coggins ppxsjc1 at unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk
Tue May 15 12:14:04 CDT 2001

Hi everyone,

Since getting my evolt members space I've been working creating a
searchable, Yahoo-style directory of links related to web design as a
resource for evolt members and the wider web design community. The basic
site is now up and running so I thought I'd post here and see what
everyone thinks. My initial design can be found at:

http://members.evolt.org/astro38/evolt/modern.php

while I was working on this Daniel (djc) suggested it could possibly be
integrated as part of the evolt site (directory.evolt.org?), so I've done
a version with the evolt layout too:

http://members.evolt.org/astro38/evolt/index.php

Basically I'm looking for feedback on all aspects of the site, and to pad
out some of the categories with your favourite links. More specifically I
would appreciate comments on the following:

- feedback on the design
Particularly does it work on Macs - I don't have access to them for
testing! Please note the modern look requires post-NN4 CSS support,
although it's at least functional without it.

- feedback on the current category structure
Is it logical and intuitive? Can you find the links you're looking for
easily enough?

- more links related to design, typography, flash and Mac specific.
Although I've included quite a few links I've harvested from thelist, the
current selection is still very biased towards my areas of interest.

- any other comments
Do you think this should be part of evolt.org or would it be better as a
stand alone project?

Regards,

Simon Coggins