[thelist] Apache: ErrorDocument in .htaccess-file

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Tue May 15 14:50:36 CDT 2001

Simon -

Make sure the path to your error404.htm file is a full path.. In other
words, if error404.htm is in your public_html(or whatever your web root
is) directory, you should have something like

ErrorDocument 404	/error404.htm

That way, Apache will look to yoursite.com/error404.htm and not a
certain directory it may be in for the file.

If you're a user on a system and have a URL like yoursite.com/simon make
sure your Directive looks like this:

ErrorDocument 404	/simon/error404.htm

Again, thats the full path to your web root directory. Hope that helps,
shout if you have more questions :)

.djc.