[thelist] [the list] search engine for an intranet?

Robin Hastings robin at rhastings.net
Wed May 16 10:23:31 CDT 2001

> Apologies if this post is off-topic; please just let me know :)
> I'm trying to track down a search engine for my employer's (a
> non-profit) intranet site.  It must search by hyperlink (NOT by file
> directory, as many files in the directories are not current links)
> and be a local search engine (firewall and all...)
> I'm looking for ease of use/installation/configuration as well as
> functionality.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated...
>
> =====
> Janet Nabring-Stager
> http://www10.ewebcity.com/jnabring

Janet,

 I've been using the search engine at http://www.xav.com/scripts/search/
which comes in both freeware and shareware versions. It offers a couple of
different ways to index your site and is *incredibly* easy to set up. It's
written in Perl CGI, and works great on our NT network.

Robin Hastings
Webmistress - InterTec Designs
robin at intertecdesigns.com
http://www.intertecdesigns.com