[thelist] A javascript question

Gebreselassie Johnny gebreselassie_johnny at bah.com
Thu May 17 12:00:15 CDT 2001

Ok i'm tired of waiting if anybody can answer this I welcome your feedback.

I have developed a script to send an email upon form submission.  However
this script does not work in Netscape, the browser attempts to locate a mail
server.  It does however work in IE.  I know most of you are wondering why I
am not using cgi or asp to do this, and the answer is that I would like to
operate on any server because it may have to reside on many different
servers.  ANY Tips?

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
var mailtoandsubject = null;
function msg() {
 document.mailer.action = "mailto:"
 mailtoandsubject = (document.mailer.email.value + '?subject=' +
document.mailer.email.value);
}
</SCRIPT>

<FORM NAME="mailer" METHOD="post" ACTION="" ENCTYPE="text/plain"
onSubmit="(document.mailer.action += mailtoandsubject)">

Johnny Gebreselassie