[thelist] When does "bought code" become your own ?

bradclark1 bradclark1 at msn.com
Fri May 18 11:55:43 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joshua OIson" <joshua at alphashop.net>
Subject: Re: [thelist] When does "bought code" become your own ?

> Off the top of my head, I think I remember something about a 30% code
> difference is enough to differentiate two different          > programs.

I read the same thing somewhere also. To me you are saying you used it as a
base and went from there. A ton of high quality software out there says the
same thing.
What you can do is add a comment in the script somewhere and say its based
on this other program. That way you are being upright about it.
If you changed it approximately fifty percent I'd say you don't have
anything to worry about.
My two cents.

Brad