[thelist] DSL & Home Networking Q

matt newell matt at sweetillusions.org
Fri May 18 12:41:38 CDT 2001

the simplest way is to prolly get a "Linksys cable/dsl router"
[www.linksys.com] (there are 1 and 4 port models available -- get the 4 port
and you dont need a hub), that'll set you back about 160$ or so ..

plus the ethernet cabling and nic cards for all boxes concerned (around $50
maybe total?)

i've been using the linksys for home routing for over two years, and its
been perfect. i host www/ftp/mail/etc. with no problems. be aware, this
isn't a "professional" solution, but it still works damn fine.

hth,

        .. matt

        .. www.sweetillusions.org
        .. matt at sweetillusions.org

        .. in our madness evermore we rave - chaucer