[thelist] CF (SQL?): query.columnlist

Judah McAuley judah at alphashop.com
Fri May 18 17:37:55 CDT 2001

At 06:31 PM 5/18/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Umm.. the answer is no.  I do not believe there is a hack to get them into
>the original order they were in the database.  You might be able to do it by
>querying the database for the order in the sysobjects table if it has one..
>?

Yeah, I thought about that.  I was hoping there was an easier way.

>Since you've gone ahead and made lists of those fields to exclude and which
>are text areas, why not just make a list of those to display, and in that
>specify the order?

Because the list of ones to display differently is 7.  The list of columns
to display as normal text fields is about 20 - 30.  I was hoping to avoid
dealing with the column names as much as possible and leave that portion of
architecture to the database.  There are so many forms that pretty much
exactly replicate the database, I was working to find an elegant way to
automate that without necessarily knowing the db structure ahead of time.

Ah well.

Judah