[thelist] Pop-up when user leaves site.

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Mon May 21 08:10:45 CDT 2001

>Actually, it is not impossible. Go over to fortune.com. . . .view an
>article. . . .then try and go to another site, like Yahoo or something. At
>that point the site determines that you are leaving and instantiates a
>pop-up window.

Yes, you're right. However, this is the most complicated code I've ever seen
(needless lots of objects, just to make it obscure).

The only thing I'm reasonably certain about is that the secret is in
http://www.timeinc.net/subs/popup2/fortune/popup2.js
especially in the function test(). However, this just refers to a new heap
of objects and I don't have more time to do research. If you do find out,
please let me know.

>Any ideas? I am thinking that using ASP I can check the new domain or IP
>out and see if it matches my IP. If not, then do an onunload popup.

If they leave your site your ASP won't be called so it can't do anything.

ppk