[thelist] auto-replacing links (was: Pop-up when user leaves site)

Quicksilver qsfc at home.com
Mon May 21 12:33:47 CDT 2001

> Now, I have a question.  Is it possible to write a JavaScript function
that
> will automatically change every link on a page to point to somewhere else
> (just like "index.jhtml").  It would be pain to do this manually...

I don't think it's possible with Javascript because you'd need to write
files, but if you want to use some other, more powerful language it's a
simple matter of searching and replacing with regular expressions, then
writing back to the file.

Also, if you don't mind doing it one file at a time (but not one link at a
time) you can use a text editor (I use Editpad Lite, www.jgsoft.com) with a
search and replace function.

  Quicksilver
: qsfc at home.com