[thelist] I should be flogged!

Colin F Reynolds colin at the-net-effect.com
Mon May 21 17:48:46 CDT 2001

On Mon, 21 May 2001 at 06:36:19, J. Blanchard
<jay.blanchard at thermon.com> wrote
>There are settings in Microsoft's Exchange Server which will also render
>a duplicate of your message in html and place a "content type=text/html"
>line in the header. So, even if you send plain text (as you have checked
>and selected in the appropriate boxes in Outlook) there is a duplicate
>of the message sent with html formating.

Good grief. Microsoft must REALLY want everyone to use emauls :(

<aside>
For the record, I use Turnpike - info at www.turnpike.com - emauls don't
trouble me personally.
<rant>
Their prevalence concerns me greatly, though (cf. "HomePage" and similar
viruses, which cause a great deal of harm: not to mention emaul bloat,
and the problems associated with the non-WYSIWYG environment...).
</rant>
</aside>
--
Colin Reynolds
"I know you believe you understand what you thought I said, but