[thelist] IIS5 DNS

John Handelaar genghis at members.evolt.org
Tue May 22 06:23:40 CDT 2001

Didn't we answer this last week?

If you're not happy with MS DNS Server, try another DNS server. I'm
certain that at least one of the alternatives won't require you to
stop the DNS service.

I also distinctly recall mentioning getting hold of STARTSVC.EXE
and STOPSVC.EXE.  If you *must* use the MS DNS server, write
a batch file which stops and restarts the DNS service, then run
it at the end of your registration process (or every x minutes
with the AT command or WinCron).

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com