[thelist] UltraDev

GregHolmes at aol.com GregHolmes at aol.com
Tue May 22 07:38:10 CDT 2001

>I have been using Dreamweaver
>for about 1 and a half years, so I'm pretty competent with it, but the
>UltraDev side of things has me terrified!

The only thing terrifying about things like UltraDev is that they can make you think you know how to program, then leave you in a quagmire when you are trying to figure out why things are not working ;)

Seriously, I would just make sure you actually learn ColdFusion (or whatever you are using UltraDev for) first, or at least along side.  Basically (if I remember right from evaluating it) UltraDev just gives you wizards and such for creating queries and bits of code, attached to "objects" on the web page.  If you know the underlying language, it is fairly easy and sometimes helpful to use.  If not, you are going to be mystified when (inevitably) some automated thing doesn't work as expected.

Greg Holmes
gregholmes at aol.com