[thelist] CSS Contextual Selectors (was "Aimster must give up domain to AOL")

James Aylard webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Tue May 22 09:45:08 CDT 2001

ppk,

> >     ...Provided that you understand that it will work in few browsers
> >currently in use (Netscape 6.x and Opera 3+). It will *not* work in any
> >version of IE, up to and including IE 6 PP1 -- nor, unsurprisingly, in
> >Netscape 4.x.
>
> Some of them do work in IE5 Mac, which is much more advanced than any
> Windows version when it comes to CSS2. For compatibility with CSS2, see my
> test site

    You caught me. :) Me and my Windows-centric mindset. My statement should
have read: "It will *not* work in any _Windows_ version of IE...".

James Aylard

<tip type="javascript">
    Remember that when a variable evaluates to null, it is treated as 0 in
numeric contexts and as false in Boolean contexts.
    For more info:
http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/js/core/jsguide15/ident.html#1013
184
</tip>