[thelist] streaming ... security risk?

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue May 22 12:34:40 CDT 2001

At 07:43 AM 5/22/2001, you wrote:
>Hi -- the Mac system team where I work has announced
>that no one can use streaming audio/video, download music, etc.
>on the company computers because:
>
>a. it is a security risk and

I don't know about that.

>b. it slows down the network
>(not just the Internet connection, but the whole system).

Very much so.  We've outlawed NetRadio around here because it chokes
bandwidth.  BYOMP3 only.

--Ben

<tip type="XHTML">
If you are starting to design for XHTML 1.0, one quick thing that will make
your life easy if/when you switch to 1.1: when centering tables, don't use
will validate in XHTML 1.0, but not in XHTML 1.1.
</tip>

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer
Imaginuity Interactive