[thelist] Shell Script Basics?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Wed May 23 02:16:00 CDT 2001

Question for those who are experienced shell script writers:

What would you recommend as the top three URL's to go to to learn
shell script basics?

At the moment, I'm running a Linux box, I want to make a copy of all
my accounts httpdocs folders, and tell mysql to create a dump for
each account's DB's in the account backup folder.

At first, I don't mind if I have to edit the file when adding or
deleting accounts, but it seems to be a pain in the butt to have to
edit the file every time I want to run it.

I would like to create a new directory with the date and time, then
move all the accounts and dumps into it. I can then create an
AppleScript to download them to my Mac and burn CD's.

Suggestions? Thanks!
--

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com