UPDATE: RE: [thelist] Attack of the BLOB

scott.brady at homeqonline.com scott.brady at homeqonline.com
Wed May 23 15:58:35 CDT 2001

Well, I figured out how to decode th BLOB.  Every 2 characters was a hex number.
I converted that to decimal, which yields the ASCII code for a character. So,
the decoding ended up being better than I feared.

However, this led me to a different dilemma.

The query is only returning 38 hex characters (19 string characters) on that
field, even though the field in the database has more than 38 characters in it.
(It seems to be consistent across the BLOB fields)

Could there be some quirk in the informix drivers in Cold Fusion?  Or could
there be something I'm overlooking?

Thanks again!

Scott