[thelist] MS-SQL vs. MySQL - was Front-end for MS-SQL?

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Thu May 24 12:45:55 CDT 2001

> there is no level of complexity that can keep you from
> building a browser-based interface to the database for
> data entry -- none whatsoever.

+1

and since "me too" posts are noise rather than signal...

<tip type="server side scripting">
in addition to serving up different style sheets, use browser sniffing to
set a variable for css capability, to enable non-css options -- for example
(using cold fusion syntax),

         <CFELSE>style="background-color:#F9F3F7;
                                 border:2px ridge #93f7ff;"</CFIF>
       cellpadding="8" cellspacing="0">

</tip>

rudy