[thelist] Form Mail

Matt m at pleonasm.com
Fri May 25 02:28:01 CDT 2001

Joseph A Borg <tech at az-ink.com.mt> wrote:

>but using target="new-window-name" in the <a> tag forces the browser
>to open a new window with that name- right? Is this javascript?

No, it's HTML. It's really a hangover from frames, where you could name
frames in your frameset, and then open documents within certain frames with
windows too. You can give the target window any name you want to open a new
window with that name; you can then reuse the name later, if you like, to
open a different document in that same, already-open window. Or you can use
the reserved window name "_blank" to force a new window every time.

>Is it compatible with v2 browsers?

That I could not tell you. I guess you'll have to try it and see.

Matt