[thelist] JavaScript Newbie help - targeting links

Chris Johnston chris at completeimaging.com
Fri May 25 10:34:19 CDT 2001

Hello,

Here is my problem. I am designing a site that will involve people to login.
Instead of creating a separate login page I have decided to do it as a pop
browser window. Currently I am working on the JavaScript for this little
trick. I have the window popping up with two links in it. What I want to
have happen is when the person picks one of the two links, the little window
closes and the section that they have selected to go to appears in the main
window. Unfortunately, I am not sure how to do this. Help please.

Here is a slightly harder question that will come into question in the
second part of this little project. If I were to have the people enter their
login id and password in a JavaScript alert is there anyway of passing the
values to a ColdFusion script?

Thanks in advanced,

Chris
www.edigitaldesign.com
Taking Your Business to the Web

[Web Design] [ColdFusion] [Database Applications] [Hosting]