[thelist] mod_rewrite hell

Charlie Llewellin charliel at infohwy.com
Fri May 25 11:26:40 CDT 2001

Yes...
<sigh>
I was hoping to do it elegantly with mod_rewrite
</sigh>
My equally hacky quickfix is to change referring urls from
cities.php?city=houston
to cities.php/city=houston
which mod_rewrite handles fine

I'm redesigning a whole section (for more adspace, of course) and parsing
everything through page.php for ease of maintenance, etc, etc.

I'll probably end up doing somehting like Peter mentions