[thelist] Mozzila refusing to collapse table cell to 1px

Andy Warwick andy.war at ntlworld.com
Mon May 28 09:11:56 CDT 2001

In follow up to my question about table cells collapsing in mozilla, I've
managed to get the file rendering okay if I remove the image; it looks like
Mozilla will collapse the cell if the image link is broke, but not if there
is an image - even when it is 1 pixel high. Huh?

Of course, if I remove the image, it breaks in IE.

The point of the exercise was to figure out why my test page at
http://www.creed.co.uk/realfile.htm wasn't working, so I created the test
file in this thread to focus on the issue.

If you look at http://www.creed.co.uk/realfile.htm in Mac IE 5 you can see
what it should look like, but take a look in Netscape and Mozilla and it is
very broke. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? The file validates
to XHTML okay AFAIK.

Regards

Andy Warwick