[thelist] Blacklisted?

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue May 29 01:26:22 CDT 2001

At 09:28 AM 5/28/2001, you wrote:
>Hello all.  Hope all is well on this fine and rainy day.  :)
>
>I just received a bounce from one of my lists.  The bounce in itself is
>not the problem, but the fact that it says blacklisted in it is.  I have
>never seen a header with that in it.  Is this something I should worry
>about or has the people who the email is going to been blacklisted?
>
>... while talking to dr-com.mr.outblaze.com.:
><<< 553 5.3.0 Mail from 216.34.13.240 refused. Blacklisted.

Chris....

Are you sending mail from your PC or your server?? I tried to ping
216.34.13.240 and it was "not available". I would guess that the receiving
mail server is setup to reject SMTP connections from dialup accounts. Many
ISPs have provided their Dialup IP addresses to MAPS and ORBS in order help
prevent spamming from the modem accounts.
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys