[thelist] Site critique/check of CSS positioning in IE 5 (PC)

Alastair Murdoch alastair at cubeit.co.uk
Tue May 29 06:27:50 CDT 2001

> I take it the blue bottom bar doesn't move to fit flush to the bottom of
the
> browser window in these cases? (Like it should...)

nope it doesn't.

> Yeah - sounds like that is working right; though the scrollbars appearing
> move it left and right is a bit odd, as the content text is meant to be
> fixed at 65% of the browser width and only vertical scrollbars should
> appear. If you imagine that the top, navigation and bottom bars form
static
> frames around the content, and when the browser window is shrunk the text
> should scroll in-front-of/behind the top and bottom areas you can confirm
> what should be happening.

up and down it does work like you want it to (in opera 5), the text moves
behind the header/menu and the blue footer bar.  Opera 5 allows me to also
move your text to the left (behind the light grey navigation bars bit) if I
make the browser window small enough to give a horizontal scrollbar, but
it's OK at 800*600 fullscreen with a little bit of margin.

cheers

alastair

A l a s t a i r   M u r d o c h
c o n s u l t a n t  @  c u b e