[thelist] printing background images

Niklaus Haldimann runciter at rosa.com
Tue May 29 09:20:22 CDT 2001

"Jason E. Burk" wrote:
> why won't the background images i'm using for my table backgrounds print
> in IE5.5?  and in NN4.7 only the background color i have specified
> prints...is this normal?  is there a bug i haven't known about this
> whole time?

AFAIK on default on PCs table background images are never printed
because it's often a waste of ink. Table background colors will only be
printed if their reasonably bright. You can force IE 5/PC to print both
bg images and colors by checking the corresponding checkbox under
"Advanced" in the options. I don't think there's a way in NN4.x/PC.
Dunno about Netscape 6/PC. Dunno at all about Macs.

N.

--
Niklaus Haldimann, Frontend Engineer
At Work: http://www.rosa.com