[thelist] Photos

Moe Rubenzahl moe at maxim-ic.com
Tue May 29 12:01:25 CDT 2001

>IMHO, the best/easiest way is to let photoshop (5.5+, i think) do it for
>you automatically.

If you're using a Mac, look at iView Media Pro
(http://www.iview-multimedia.com/). On a PC, Thumbs Plus
(cerious.com).

Both these applications let you drag and drop a mess of picture files
(in almost any format) and create a catalog of thumbnails. You can
then create a web page in one command.

Here is a page I created using this method:

   http://rubenzahl.com/wildflower/plantingday/

Took minutes to do. Fair number of options available and I usually
post-edit the results a bit.

I also usually run the resulting JPEGs through Adobe ImageReady using
a "droplet." This automatically recompresses the pictures using
Adobe's Save for Web settings.