[thelist] Problem with ColdFusion 5 - was ColdFusion 5

Chris Johnston chris at completeimaging.com
Tue May 29 14:39:54 CDT 2001

Okay, I have a problem.

But it isn't with you announcing anything. I downloaded ColdFusion 5 today
and installed it on my computer. Everything worked great. Except, I went
into the administration server and tried to set up an ODBC data source.
Well, when I tried to do the browse server and use the cftree java applet,
the applet didn't work. I get an IO error from the applet. If I plan on
using ColdFusion on a server then I need this function to work.

Here are the specs for the machine that I am using;

OS: Windows 2000 Pro
Server: Apache 1.3.6
Browser: IE 5.5 SP1
ColdFusion: ColdFusion Version 5.0

I tried it in several different browsers and it worked in none of them. In
netscape though I got an error that said "Unsigned Java Applet Win" (I am
assuming that that last word is window but it was cut off)

Got any ideas as to what could be causing this error? I posted this error on
the Toronto CFUG List and their best idea so far is that Macromedia needs to
update their certificates. (just an idea)

Thanks in advanced,

Chris