[thelist] e-commerce

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Wed May 30 11:01:37 CDT 2001

On 30 May 2001, at 10:30, Ron White posted a message which said:

> What exactly are you talking about here?? I just "shopped" walmart.com and
> the shipping was $26 for a bike. Yes, a little on the high side, but you pay
> for convenience and it was expected to arrive next week. Certainly not the
> 6-8 weeks you seem to be bitchin about...

Ron, you can get that convenience for *free*.

Simply hide the bicycle in the garage for a week, and pretend that
you don't have it.

And then you can stay home for two or three days, pretending that
you have to do that so that the bicycle can be delivered.

No need to spend extra for that convenience.

deke