[thelist] Perl -- attach web page to email

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Wed May 30 16:54:46 CDT 2001

At 11:53 AM 5/30/2001, you wrote:
>Smart People:
>
>Any ideas on how I could attach a url to an email generated by Perl
>(version 5 on UNIX).  If possible, I want the attachment to show up
>inline (on mail clients that can understand html email). I also want to
>be able to attach ANY url, not just urls from the site that the mail
>originates from.

I think you are confusing the results you want. You can attach URLs all day
long.... "http://www.foo.org/first/page/index.html"

What I think you want is in-line HTML. In order to do that, you need to
format the mail headers to tell the mail client its an HTML mail, then you
need to give the mail client the HTML they will render.

e.g. email header...

e.g body of email...

[x-html]
[!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"]
[HTML]
[HEAD]
[/HEAD]
[BODY]