[thelist] Mailto:

miinx miinx at miinx.com.au
Thu May 31 01:45:49 CDT 2001

31/05/2001 10:06:38, "Kevin Stevens" <kjs at ratking.co.uk> wrote:
>> response.write "<tr><td><a
>

>Thanks Scott, I was under the impression that you couldn't use ( " ) more
>than once and had to use ( ' ) inside the quote marks.

That depends on what language you are using - you're thinking of JavaScript, which will not
recognise "" and does, as you said, need nested single quotes.

VBScript, on the other hand, needs "" to give one literal ".  VBScript is the default scripting
language for use with ASP, as in the code above.

HTH
Karen
---
http://www.miinx.com.au/