[thelist] cmyk color to web

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu May 31 08:18:44 CDT 2001

> From: Joseph A Borg <tech at az-ink.com.mt>
[...]
> AFAIK photoshop, illustrator, freehand, coreldraw... all use licensed
> colour translators for the Pantone colours (check the readme or the
> opening splash screen). I assume the Pantone values are stored in
> device independent colour values (CIE?). You do not need the
> intermediate cmyk step: if you're in photoshop you get the rgb values
> directly from the colour picker same goes for the other apps.

you may very well be right, but i thought that Pantone was
converted through CMYK by the software in order to get to RGB...
the user doesn't have to do that (which is where my statement was
misleading), but the software still needs to do that...

at least i don't believe those packages come with an RGB definition
for each and every Pantone color...