[thelist] fluid columns via DOM Jscript

J.J.SOLARI jjsolari at pobox.com
Fri Jun 1 02:59:59 CDT 2001

On Thu, 31 May 2001 11:47:36 -0700 (PST), nate koechley
<nate at vicksburgcollective.com> wrote:

><tip type="homesite" author="nate k">
>if you use marginheight, marginwidth, leftmargin, and
>rightmargin in your body tags. and are frustrated
>that it doesn't validate in homesite 4.5, there is a
>way. Options > Settings > Validation > Validator
>Setting > Tags. Then, scroll down to <body>, expand
>it, right-click on "attributes", Add, "leftmargin"
>for example. Click OK. Right-click on the attribute
>you just added, and choose "add value", then scroll
>down to "zero". Repete for any other attributes (4
>times, in this case). Voila. Now your pages will
>validate fully.
></tip>

Nate,

First, I am absolutely ignorant of Homesite.

As described above, I understand that the page would validate against some
internal Document Type Definition now altered as such.

Does the doctype declaration in your page reflect the alteration?

In other words, does Homesite creates a custom DTD which is automatically
incorporated to the site and which the doctype in the page points to?

Curious about it,

JJS.
--
personal site <http://www.yoyodesign.org/>