[thelist] Domain Pricing

Green, Janet JGreen at DesMoinesMetro.com
Fri Jun 1 08:58:59 CDT 2001

>>>A gem in an otherwise excellent post.<<<

LOL Keith, dear, the whole post was a gem. Haven't you heard of pride of
authorship?? :)

>>>Rancher says to the cattle buyer, "Give me a fair price. I could always
eat this herd, ya know."
Buyer looks him in the eye, "Yeah, ya may still have to."<<<

Perfect. My hubby and I like to restore/customize old cars - the kind you
find rusting away out on some farmer's back forty. Problem is, all these
farmers with these old cars think their rotting, rusting hulks are worth a
lot of money, when in reality, the car is worth NOTHING just sitting there
rotting away. Domain names, antiques, ANYTHING... are only worth what
someone will give you. That's why I say, the sale depends only on what the
*buyer* thinks it's worth. If the buyer doesn't think it's worth what you're
asking, they'll either haggle or walk away. (Ok, guess the sale also hinges
on how badly you want to sell something, as that dictates how much you're
willing to haggle!)

-Janet

<tip>
Lesson from a car dealer's wife... in negotiating *anything*, the first
person to actually mention a dollar figure LOSES.
</tip>